There are many things marriage will teach you. Interestingly, a majority of these findings by you will be something no magazine or book would teach you. Sometimes, it pays to ask someone who is married about their experiences and the things they learned once they took that plunge.
Here are some things I wish I knew before I got married:
1. It is important that you understand who you’re. It is so easy to get carried away in life, especially in the early twenties. But once you get married, you’ll realize that you should actually lead a life rather than merely following it.
2. Even small things or gestures matter or an indication of what love looks like. For example, ironing his/her clothes when your spouse is not able to that or doing the dishes when your partner is super busy will look minuscule. However, these small acts can go a long way in harboring love between couples.
3. If you think you’re not required to put in any kind of effort and sit back after you get married, then you’re totally wrong. While you need to love your partner, there are many other things you need to work on for the marriage to work.
4. It is important to have a life outside of your marriage. A majority of people think that a couple should start thinking from ‘we’ or ‘our’ point of view all the time. However, this needn’t be the case always. You need to have some space for yourself and respect your partner’s space as well.
5. There will be changes in your life after you get married. And when you have kids, some more changes will take place. It is important that you embrace these changes and move on in life. It is also equally important that both the partners are on the same page.
Marriage is an important step in everybody’s life. Being with someone through thick and thin is something marriage will teach all. If you’re ready to take the plunge, then a matrimonial site like QuickRishta is for you.